The Early Years Reading Challenge encourages children to read a set number of books and record their efforts. Those who complete the challenge will receive a certificate of completion and will be entered to win a grand prize.
Registered children must be from the ages 0-6 years to participate and live within Peace River, Grimshaw, Berwyn, Brownvale, Dixonville, St. Isidore, Nampa, Reno, Red Earth Creek and surrounding areas.
How to Participate
- A parent/guardian of a child can register the child online by clicking here or at the Town of Peace River Community Services Office during business hours (10008 100 Ave, Peace River, AB).
- The child must be from the age 0 – 6 years old to participate and live within the Coalition’s geographic area.
- You must keep track of the books read on The Early Years Reading Challenge Tracking Sheet. The Tracking Sheet can be downloaded by clicking here or picked up at the Town of Peace River Community Services Office.
- Between May 1st – 31st, 2019 each child must read or have had read to them 30
books. The same book can be read multiple times and included in the challenge total. Children can read books by themselves or with someone else. There will be reminder emails sent out to participants.
- Deadline to submit your Early Years Reading Challenge Tracking Sheet is Friday, June 7th, 2019. Tracking Sheets can be submitted via email at email@example.com or at Town of Peace River Community Services Office.